« Home | Quick thoughts on the game last night (Cavs/Orland... » | Some time ago (before you were born) on January 21... » | Now allow me to point out the obvious: are these g... » | You have quite a mommy do you know that?  Last nig... » | Hi Audrey - It's mommy. We just got back from a n... » | Arianna Huffington: Obama Calls for An Extreme Mak... » | Things I learn from basketball:Sometimes the glori... » | I can't help but think, and hope, that we are head... » | Long time coming:'President Obama’s top antitrust ... » | here's the deal all ye of religion:i aint hatin. o... » 

Monday, June 01, 2009 

(from 10/28/08)

Dear Baby Girl,

It’s time to talk with you again. When I sent you the last letter I didn’t know if you were a girl or a boy. Today Mommy and Daddy went to the Dr. and found out you are a girl. Then they called and told us. Before I answered the phone I was simply overcome with emotion knowing that I was about to find out more about you!

It didn’t really matter to me whether you were a boy or a girl and with that I have to admit that shopping for my soon to be born granddaughter will be fun. I will be able to visualize what a beautiful baby and child you are going to be. Your beauty will come from within and because I know your Mommy and Daddy so well I know they will teach you the real meaning of beauty.

Also today your estimated date of birth is March 31. It was originally April 7 so maybe we will see you sooner than we thought. If you are like your Daddy you may be a bit late. I think he was so comfortable he was in no hurry to leave and enter this world. Even when he was suppose to join us it took about 26 hours and finally there was our baby boy George. To think what was my baby is now about to have his baby daughter is a feeling that cannot be explained in words.

As you grow you will not just know but you will feel all the love around you. I have so enjoyed hugging, rocking, kissing and talking to your older cousin, Xavier, I will always want you to know how important and special you are to me. I will do my best to care for you with gentleness and in this way you will also learn how to be with other people.

I will see you soon and will take time to enjoy thinking about holding you in my arms and sharing my warmth with you.

Love, Nana

Labels:

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates