« Home | As usual, great article today. Only one minor qui... » | Oh Kobe.  Will you never learn?  'My team' eh?  I ... » | You came to us late on a Tuesday. I have been ste... » | You have only been in our lives for a few days now... » | tonight you saw me for the first time my love. r... » | Audio: Bob Dylan on Barack Obama, Ulysses Grant an... » | That Green NBA - TrueHoop By Henry Abbott - ESPN: ... » | 'This system was a powerful engine of wealth creat... » | Which, when you think about it, is insane: What ha... » | In the hopes that we can please think about our cu... » 

Sunday, May 03, 2009 

here's the deal all ye of religion:

i aint hatin. or at least not trying to and i will tell you why: i understand pretty much trying to devine that from a perfect one> i understand yo trying to devine something from an ancient text (ok, previous part written with Audrey in my one hand so now to some real typing with, like capitals and whatnot):

I wish I felt like I had the time.

Here is what I know... or feel at least: we have something as close to perfect as I can think of right here that we need to try and save so it saves us and so on. There is, to me, a biblical struggle going on right now. Now I understand others don't understand my passion for the issue or perhaps my perspective, but hear me out.

In religion one does seem to want to try and please a God. Well, what I am saying I understand that, but that, for me, there is something else in the name of 'God' and it is our earth. Our home. I guess I try and think, most days, what can I do to help the earth and be it's good disciple and I don't feel like I have time right now to worry about what a possible perfect divine being out there might want from me*

*I am willing to admit that a 'perfect divine being' out there exists. I will say this as well as saying: I have no idea how our earth came to being itself and it may very well be that a perfect divine being was the creator as I have no other good conclusion nor have I had any other good explanation for this seemingly unanswerable question. By way of saying: if I one day feel, God willing (is that irony?), like our earth is completely on the right path (smart population levels for one) I will begin to occupy my mind with that which is beyond this amazing, diverse, unbelievably incredible gift I feel, see, smell, take in every day beneath my feet and all around me.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates