« Home | I could not agree more. 'We are in one of those “g... » | July 24, 2008To my Granddaughter or Grandson,Just... » | (from 10/28/08) Dear Baby Girl,It’s time to talk w... » | Quick thoughts on the game last night (Cavs/Orland... » | Some time ago (before you were born) on January 21... » | Now allow me to point out the obvious: are these g... » | You have quite a mommy do you know that?  Last nig... » | Hi Audrey - It's mommy. We just got back from a n... » | Arianna Huffington: Obama Calls for An Extreme Mak... » | Things I learn from basketball:Sometimes the glori... » 

Tuesday, June 09, 2009 

Dear Audrey Ann, May 30, 2009

My goodness, you are almost 2 months old now! We have just returned from a trip with friends to Grand Cayman Islands. Maybe when you get older or become a grownup yourself you will travel there also.

While we were there, I had an idea that I thought you and your mom would like. I bought you a sterling silver link bracelet that is used to place charms on as you grow up. Right now there is just a tiny little heart on it that is part of the closure with an even tinier diamond on the heart. You know your birthstone is diamond. And maybe you will hear stories about how much I love diamonds!

My plan is to purchase charms for your bracelet as the years go by either at holidays or from some of the places we travel or because I see a charm that makes me think about you. By the time you are a few years old you will be able to wear the bracelet when you get dressed up. And, many many years down the road you can pass it on to someone special in your life.

Now you may be asking yourself why I did this for you. Here is the reason. I like to give what I call “I love you” gifts. This is one of those. Always remember that gifts are meaningful as a small part of family and friends ways of expressing love. The presents are objects that may be useful or meaningful or both and that is all. In time they will break or wear out their usefulness. The day to day loving and caring about those in your life needs to be handled delicately so as not to break and I have never known love to wear out and it is more than useful. It is essential to your spirit and your mommy and daddy understand that and today (at almost 2 months old) and now as you read this my wish is that you feel loved.

I love you,
Nana

Labels:

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates