« Home | Listening to Howard right now and he is going off ... » | Not sure if I have posted this all ready but it is... » | 'Really now, could there be a better time to decri... » | The most important part of the President's remarks... » | Here's my thing with this as I read Will's column ... » | I want to ammend my post a bit here due to the qui... » | So I agree with this Paul:'So now we’re in trouble... » | Robin, You have every reason to be nervous.  Howar... » | I could not agree with this post more here.  I wat... » | Not just worst stock but potentially dumbest compa... » 

Monday, March 02, 2009 

Strange wind blowing.  It is odd which way the revolutionary wind blows in on you eh?  Blows in from the most unexpected of sources like the financial establishment we created out of thin air.  

But what does it mean?  Does it mean only that our financial establishment is fucked or is there something else?  

Well as you can guess from the leading questions I think there is certianly something else happening here and I don't think it is about our finanical system necessarily nor is it about credit.  I think, frankly, we have a population problem: there are just too many of us and it isn't natural and our various systems are straining under the weight.  

Whether you talk about our food supply or natural world and the extinctions we are causing or our unnatural financial system (do you even need a link?) or even our very cultural existance we have prided ourselves on we are facing something very stark in our face if one opens their eyes and heart to the situation: we need to quickly readjust our thinking away from some carbon trading system (as great as that would have been 10 or 20 years ago) and into a realization that our population levels are causing most if not all the issues we are seeing today.  

Is it time yet to address the root of the issue?  Maybe not just yet politically, but perhaps sooner than I would have thought.  

The great and unlooked for discoveries that have taken place of late years have all concurred to lead many men into the opinion that we were touching on a period big with the most important changes. 
Thomas Malthus 

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates