« Home | Tiger I am not sure who is advising you to hide ou... » | "It's a private thing of course," he said. "But wh... » | It was revealed over this past week that Eldrick T... » | I walk around with a heavy heart today. President... » | Adam I was listening to your podcast (which I love... » | I am posting this now so years hence I can look ba... » | Somewhere in a Russian forest, high up on a mounta... » | Interesting things that 'keep physicists awake'htt... » | I had to do it. I had to let him know:Bill, I am ... » | We ask today: is Hillary Clinton marginalized? Si... » 

Friday, December 11, 2009 

of course he says it way better than anyone:

Did we underestimate the effects of fame in his formative years on Tiger? Become famous at an early age and invariably you "mature" into someone who can't remember anything other than being famous. Most (if not all) of your interactions are with people who are impressed by you or want something from you. You don't have to win anyone over. You don't have to work on being a better person, or funnier, or nicer, or anything. You don't want to make new friends because you can't tell if any prospective friends want to be friends because you're who you are, so you end up gravitating toward other famous people, most of whom are just as messed up as you. You can get away with almost any indiscretion and be forgiven. Your only responsibility is to stay yourself, only you became this twisted, self-aware version of you without even knowing it. And that's when the trouble starts.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates