« Home | tonight you saw me for the first time my love. r... » | Audio: Bob Dylan on Barack Obama, Ulysses Grant an... » | That Green NBA - TrueHoop By Henry Abbott - ESPN: ... » | 'This system was a powerful engine of wealth creat... » | Which, when you think about it, is insane: What ha... » | In the hopes that we can please think about our cu... » | Mr. President I am worried that I may have been a ... » | It's funny how quickly one can swing from despair ... » | 'They killed the golden goose.'  It is what a frie... » | 'Let’s today step out of the normal boundaries of ... » 

Monday, April 13, 2009 

You have only been in our lives for a few days now, but in just these few short days I have felt my heart swell to accommodate all the love I feel for you. I alternate sometimes between not being able to catch my breath thanks to your beauty and feeling my eyes and heart swell with pride and love. I have only *almost* cried a few times.

You came to us happy and healthy and for that I am eternally grateful. You and your mom had a bond almost from the first moment and you couldn't even barely take your eyes off of each other. Right now you are both laying together on the couch and enjoying a short snooze and break. When I look at both of you I am struck with how lucky a man I am to have two such wonderful girls in my life. You give me pause and you make me thank whatever good luck I have had to deserve the two of you.

In the coming years you will learn that your dad is not a perfect man and will make mistakes, but do always know this: the love I feel for you is perfect. It doesn't just swell my heart and stop my breath but it flows around you always and forever. If you should ever find yourself feeling sad or should you ever just need a reminder of something perfect in this imperfect world please just think of my love for you.

Yours always,
Daddy

Labels:

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates