« Home | 'Let’s today step out of the normal boundaries of ... » | This post deserves to be on every blog everywhere.   » | Strange wind blowing.  It is odd which way the rev... » | Listening to Howard right now and he is going off ... » | Not sure if I have posted this all ready but it is... » | 'Really now, could there be a better time to decri... » | The most important part of the President's remarks... » | Here's my thing with this as I read Will's column ... » | I want to ammend my post a bit here due to the qui... » | So I agree with this Paul:'So now we’re in trouble... » 

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 

'They killed the golden goose.'  

It is what a friend of mine said to me on the golf course this weekend and I can't get it out of my head.  They really did, didn't they?  Now I can't say I am obsessed with this, but I will say when things like what we are seeing now go down like this I always think to myself: follow the money and where was the root of the problem?  Looking at some of the graphs and statistics it seems somewhere around 1995 or so there was a concentrated effort to get people in houses: The American Dream!  

I am sure it all started out with the best of intentions especially during that time when the internet was heating up, easy money was flowing and jobs were generally plentiful.  That said would I like to know the specifics of the meetings that happened during this time and when and how decisions were made?  In the immortal words of Mrs. Palin: you betcha.  

Then things continued apace for a while and then we were confronted with a downturn and internet bust around 2000.  A new resident took office.  An atrocious attack happened.  All the while in the background a certain agenda was still at play and that was to get people into homes.  Yet my guess was that 9/11 and other factors like laziness turned what may have been a 80/20% noble/misbegotten policy into a more roughly 40/60% noble/misbegotten policy ratio during these heady times.  But hey, things were working and what may have been a real tough time for us after the attacks seemed rather mellow compared with the eternal 'what might have been'.  

Yet perhaps during this time Cheney, Greenspan and Bush may have met with Barry Bonds or watched too much of A-roid on the tube because it seems the plan that started out perhaps 80% noble soon turned into something 80% sinister (and on steriods): interest rates were kept especially low even though thanks to various efforts (war?) we soon realized that perhaps the attacks wouldn't really ruin our countries economic strength.   We had our folks go out on the tube and say we should get into these 'exotic' mortgages (clever term) and whatnot.  And the rest as they say is history but they also say history repeats itself and George Bush did bankrupt everything he ever tried to run so, I am not sure where to go from here.  

Oh yes, how the fuck did our golden goose get killed and the American Dream get co-opted and hung out to fucking dry by lazy incompetent asshats?  I prefer not to speculate and would like to know.  Where and when does the criminal investigation start and would you like me to help?  


Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates