« Home | It has been a while but a quick note about strange... » | President Obama,Is this what you hoped for? As a ... » | It is an extremely tough thing to weigh. Namely h... » | Oh, President Obama. Oh, Vice President Biden... ... » | Since I am one of the last basketball fans I know ... » | Hello,Thank you for your article. I think you mak... » | Mr. Tillman, my heart continues to go out to you. ... » | Just as I can't bear to see the pictures I also ca... » | Welcome to politics Dr. Paul.No kidding. Have the... » | So I wrote this. Then I read this. I realized I ... » 

Friday, February 25, 2011 

It is a weird thought to think about:

You might remember LeBron and Carmelo getting excoriated for stabbing their respective teams in the back. You want to know why they didn't care? Because, deep down, they know that teams don't care about players, either. They probably witnessed 20 variations of the Perkins trade during their first few years in the league. Hey, it's a business. Hey, that's just sports. Hey, trades come with the territory. Isn't loyalty a two-way street? When a team does what's best for itself, we call it smart. When a player does the same, we call him selfish. We never think about what a double standard it is.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates