« Home | “It turns out,” he said, “this isn’t one of the pr... » | Where'd the bailout money go? Shhhh, it's a secret... » | Mass. investor saw inside Madoff scam - Yahoo! News » | Mr. Brooks, you disappoint me.  Your article start... » | BushCo,I am in a bit of a fiery mood after my skin... » | Let me be the 30000th person to congratulate you S... » | How lost is this guy?'Reflecting on his time in th... » | They are telling us something. Listening? » | Quick tangent:If these bailout's continue do you t... » | Just one more.  Put it on my tab.  What an extraor... » 

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 

'When Mr. Bush officially takes his leave in three weeks (in reality, he checked out long ago), most Americans will be content to sigh good riddance. I disagree. I don’t think he should be allowed to slip quietly out of town. There should be a great hue and cry — a loud, collective angry howl, demonstrations with signs and bullhorns and fiery speeches — over the damage he’s done to this country.'

It's a good point.  For now too many years (seemingly the past 8 but probably longer) we have simply allowed the criminals and culprits to slide while we go after the sex addicts or the blow job recepients.  In some cases (I am writing to you Mr. Lay) after swindling huge amounts of money from employees and others we have allowed people to fake their own death.  In some cases we have allowed our government to lie to us or not tell the full truth (9/11) and then when called for investigation we have allowed them not to be sworn in and to bring their VP??  

Before I step off this issue I will also lay this out starkly: I personally worry that our government knew that on or around 9/11 something was going to happen to our country.  I worry that thanks to their PNAC roots that this was looked upon as an opportunity instead of the terrible tragedy it was.  Further I worry that perhaps some rogue factions or something in our government then concocted the anthrax attacks and the bogus back story to them with all roads leading to Iraq.  Do I think that nuts and the bolts of this entire situation were being handled by Cheney's office during their extremely shady first 9 months in office from which we heard little or nothing from our government?  It would not be the most surprising thing.  

That said this story goes on and on for another 6 years of course and like Bob from the Times I personally would like to see it ended with protests, speeches, signs, blog posts ;) and most especially true justice for those at fault and true information passed along to us lowly citizens.  

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates