« Home | ESPN - Bears lose starters Brown, Dvoracek for sea... » | Bin Laden tape assails Democrats on Iraq - Politic... » | Tiger, Els complain about PGA Tour playoffs - Golf... » | Ok, here it is: I am now in my fourth decade on th... » | Warming could worsen inland storms - Climate Chang... » | Love,I think your golf instructor was right about ... » | ESPN - TrueHoop » | I got to see 300 last night which was a great movi... » | ESPN - TrueHoop » | Number 756 from Barry Bonds. Look close like eve... » 

Thursday, September 13, 2007 

Just listening to Howard and even these folks, making great money, are talking about how tough our healthcare situation is. Let me say this: I am amazed how much I hear about our healthcare system and how bad it really is. Our society is telling you, without saying it, don't you fucking get sick.

It coincides with a thought I had over the past two days and that is that our society as a whole seems to be almost autistic. I have read before how sometimes our society as a whole acts pathological (dammnit, cant find the link) and I guess those points do make sense but really I think it is more in the former category. For instance so many of our parts can act so good and do so many good things but sometimes as a whole we act so detached and unemotional. For instance Scott DePace from Howard telling BaBa that his mom should have planned better for her medical problems. I don't think you can have one without the other really - that Scott saying these things is not natural for an emotional animal such as ourselves, but our collective sometimes so implies these things that it is easy to lose our way individually.

We should work to change this and work to have our eyes and hearts open as an individual and as a collective. It is not easy, but it is one root of many problems and one that we can address in many ways instead of going the opposite way as we have been recently.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates