« Home | Check this book out. Imagine our lead girl at wo... » | Just about to eat a frozen pizza, but wanted to wr... » | It may seem like a joke or a Dilbert comic strip (... » | The slog continues. An amazing story with implica... » | "I love those who can smile in trouble, who can ga... » | Tbogg pointed me to this review of the speech last... » | Interrogation. 'I met Koubi at his home on the be... » | I just had the opportunity to read this. Very sad... » | My friend the late Carl Sagan, whose idea it was t... » | We shall overcome, we shall overcome, We shall ove... » 

Monday, February 02, 2004 

Ok, it might be hard to understand, but the one person who was holding our group together, Ms. Elders, has been blamed for the troubles and moved out of her position and is now my peer (last week she was my boss). If you are counting at home that means that I have had 8 or 9 managers in just over 2 years. It seems incredible and possibly even a mis-print. It is not.

So, to recap. We had a successful team going alone doing our thing (references for our company) and suddenly a new mind-set took hold at the company along with some new leadership. They decided, I have to assume here, that we were not doing enough work so they want to change our core mission to satisfaction, but have us keep doing our previous job(s). No real incentives given for taking on this new responsiblity, but the worst part is that they simply are not listening and/or communicating during this extended (going on 8 months?) transition period. Keep in mind that the new 'leadership' is new to the company and as best I can tell new to the game that we were (are?) playing.

I will keep you updated as we have a day long meeting tomorrow where I am sure everything will be ironed out :) but until then remember this stunning wall we are putting around the customers that we talk to, thanks to the new dear boss, 'We will not call customers in the sales cycle.' Oy.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates