« Home | Democracy in the Balance, Sojourners Magazine/Augu... » | Thoreau's Walden » | bostonsportsguy.com: "I can dig it. " Hits anothe... » | Perception Gap in Iraq (washingtonpost.com): "To t... » | It's Not Fun, So Why Do We Do It? (Farewell to the... » | I went to the woods because I wished to live delib... » | "... I'm just here, brother, trying to exist in a ... » | Hello, God? It's Me, Dubya / Lord? Bush here. I'm ... » | MSNBC - Sen. Edwards: �I had to stand up and say n... » | "I love those who can smile in trouble, who can ga... » 

Thursday, July 15, 2004 

Cold Turkey -- In These Times: "Dr. Vonnegut said this to his doddering old dad: �Father, we are here to help each other get through this thing, whatever it is.� So I pass that on to you. Write it down, and put it in your computer, so you can forget it.
I have to say that�s a pretty good sound bite, almost as good as, �Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.� A lot of people think Jesus said that, because it is so much the sort of thing Jesus liked to say. But it was actually said by Confucius, a Chinese philosopher, 500 years before there was that greatest and most humane of human beings, named Jesus Christ."

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates