« Home | "I love those who can smile in trouble, who can ga... » | Great points today JV. Sometimes you go a little ... » | Good points below, thanks to Altercation. Name: J... » | MSNBC - Title not enoughfor Kobe, Jackson says: "'... » | MSNBC - 'The Dots Never Existed': "'Let's keep in ... » | New York Daily News - Daily Dish & Gossip - Trump ... » | TomPaine.com - 4000 Scientists Confront Bush Admin... » | Salon.com Books | Citizen Flynt: "Many legal argum... » | CNN.com - Will Ferrell, 'Anchorman' deluxe - Jul 8... » | I wonder if Bush is appealing to his base by not g... » 

Wednesday, July 14, 2004 

MSNBC - Sen. Edwards: �I had to stand up and say no�: "Sen. Edwards: �[In] my personal interaction with him, he's always been perfectly cordial and polite. He called me on the day that Sen. Kerry named me as his running mate. He was very cordial and polite. I think he is out of touch with the lives of most Americans. I don't think he has any idea of the struggles and problems that people face most days in their lives. I think as a result of that, it's very hard for him to, going forward, to provide the kind of vision of hope and opportunity that this country, I think, is entitled to and needs. But we have dramatically different views of the world. I mean, I come from a family where my father worked in a mill in rural North Carolina. I was the first person in my family to � be able to go to college. And I've had more opportunities than anybody could ever hope for, that I would've ever dreamed of. And because of that, I feel an enormous responsibility to � provide those same opportunities to all other Americans.�"

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates