« Home | What a fucking moronic article. I hesitate to eve... » | 'The growth of emerging economies is “symbolic of ... » | Hello Dr. Johnson,I am currently watching your tal... » | So how can the people ‘rise up’ in your view?A.By ... » | It started off slow with me not sure I was into it... » | I have to fully admit I am disappointed in us over... » | 'Nobody is ordering Maria Bartiromo to lobby to ke... » | Mr. Brooks, You seemingly could not be more wrong ... » | Greetings from halfway through our Mr. Mom 'vacati... » | Hello Mr. President and Staff, Hope all is well an... » 

Monday, October 05, 2009 

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/05/opinion/05krugman.html?_r=1

There was what President Obama likes to call a teachable moment last week, when the International Olympic Committee rejected Chicago’s bid to be host of the 2016 Summer Games.

So what did we learn from this moment? For one thing, we learned that the modern conservative movement, which dominates the modern Republican Party, has the emotional maturity of a bratty 13-year-old.

Personally I wished he had also called out the party, more forcibly, on the fact that instead of offering helpful counter-proposals on the healthcare debate (which anyone who has analyzed says something has to be changed) the Republicans seem to just be standing there, to borrow his phrase, like bratty 13 year olds. I can only imagine if I had showed up to a debate in high school and simply said, 'Nope that is wrong and you are going to fail' instead of saying or offering anything constructive and yet we allow this to occur with regularity when it comes to the future of our nation? Shocking and sad.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates