« Home | Where's Mr. Greenspan now?  I think we have a few ... » | Is global warming caused by humans? Is Barack Obam... » | A great day.  It feels like we have had a festerin... » | Knocking around in this small brain, big head of m... » | Read this about Prop 13 and make your decisions as... » | Before I fade off to bed, a little gloating. And ... » | 'Though the state of the state is “perilous,” he s... » | An Open LetterFrom: Big BusinessTo: AmericaIts bee... » | 'When Mr. Bush officially takes his leave in three... » | “It turns out,” he said, “this isn’t one of the pr... » 

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 

I am sorry to see you turning a big more grey all ready Mr. President.  Interviews like this, I am sure, don't help.  I don't want to sit here in my little cube and act like I have all the answers to this but I will say this:

1.  People don't realize what we are dealing with.  By this I mean 'the people' you are trying to help.  More and more are starting to each day like some of my co-workers who got laid off yesterday, but most just aren't getting it because they don't see what is happening or how this is unfolding.  So when I hear on the radio a question like: who would you like to punch?  I think to myself: 'I would like to punch you DJ record spinning fuckers for being so glib yesterday about the economy because "they saw a line at the Apple store for the new iPhone."'  Sadly these fuckers are dumber even then the people lining up at the store (who are more ill informed than anything).  

Now to be fair I know you can't go all henny penny for fear of making the worst, worse.  And also to be fair to you: you are saying it repeatedly that things are not going to get better quicker and things may get worse, but, well, us people ain't good listeners.  

So long story short: I don't have the answer on this point.  


Cause in a minute, there's gonna be some real trouble comin out
Just a warnin, as usual some cats wont heed it
The hard headed always gotta feel it to believe it


back to my solution to save America>

2.  The interview you did was good to start to re-frame this debate we are hearing, but like my beloved teachers union (big ups!) and other unions out there you have been getting crushed in the general media.  Now is this because of big media bias or because the democrats are otherwise engaged and the republicans have all the time to get on the squak box or the democrats are just lazy?  I don't know, but like always I would love for you to crush them as only you can by making a speech to us (even though I know you are tired).  

As JMM notes, let people know as clearly as possible and get others out there as well: this is a jobs bill (and an emergency one at that).  We need it.  America and what we represent in the world needs it.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates