« Home | t r u t h o u t - Michael Moore | The Patriot Act:... » | MSNBC - A future for glass in a hydrogen economy? » | Good evening. Just got back from a good bike ride... » | CNN.com - 9/11 panel stands by finding on al Qaeda... » | Spiderman: 3 stars. » | The quote at the top? It goes something like this... » | ESPN.com: Page 2 - Lance by a landslide » | We are coming up to one of my most favorite days o... » | BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Iranian woman 'gi... » | I cannot wait to see Spiderman 2. I am such a suc... » 

Wednesday, July 07, 2004 

Thousandth U.S. soldier dies in War on Terror. | Metafilter: "One of the things I find interesting lately is reading the online journals of soldiers and contractors serving over in Iraq, as the stories can be pretty telling at times. Here's a recent one, from a Marine who will remain nameless...

'freakin' 5 planes and 9 busses and 3 days later im back in Cali(fornia) .... my base. It's very hard to see a SHIT load of people from my unit missing eyes, gun shot wounds, broken bones, missing limbs, blind, walking with canes etc.

My friend carroll is missing and arm and a leg, hizo is missing an eye, blind in the other, missing a leg, missing most of the muscle in an arm. my friend carter is missing a chunk of his foot and heel, my friends: cobb, cherry, schrage, greene, dang, and morrison are just a few to name that are now dead.

And here i am with a non-battle wound .... what a way to look like a pussy huh? but you know what? it wasn't my call to send me back here. i know that ill get my chance to go back. i know that a lot of us want some revenge. but who do we kill? most of our dead are from IED's. those are bombs that are hidden and detonated by remote or cell phones etc. who's to get for that shit? who's the enemy? it's all fucked up man.'"

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates