« Home | BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Iranian woman 'gi... » | I cannot wait to see Spiderman 2. I am such a suc... » | MSNBC - The World�s Most Dangerous Terrorist: "�Ma... » | CNN.com - Kerry�declines to�cross picket line - Ju... » | News: "``Tomorrow I will travel to Turkey for the ... » | DimeMag.com: Feature: "'No one will guard me,' Hot... » | Walking through the forest I noticed something, a ... » | CNN.com - Toxic pollution rose in 2002, reversing ... » | MSNBC - CIA insider says U.S. fighting wrong war » | "If we split up and I don't win, then everybody'll... » 

Friday, July 02, 2004 

We are coming up to one of my most favorite days of the year, July 4. I fucking love fireworks and I love our country- great combination for a day like this.

It has got me to thinking about what I love about our county, there is so much. I love the smell of the BBQ. I love individual freedoms to be who you are and say what you mean. I love corn on the cob. I love our story, except for a few parts- especially our treatment of Native Americans. I love Lewis and Clark, what balls on those two.

I love what our country was, and can be again. I love our flag. I don't like how people seem to worship the greenback more than it these days. I love how all things have to go in cycles- it is a fact of life- and that nothing lasts forever. I like how our country has changed (think civil rights) and I like to explore the areas where we still need to change (corporations do not = people). I love by the people and for the people. I love, 'under God.'

I love the truth that goodness wins here and evil cannot survive in a free, open society like ours. I love the debate. I love the discussion- for in the end, that really is all we are right? A great discussion, debate between many cultures and many people who have decided justice and truth and love is right and good and through our collective action we will achieve greatness. I love all those stuck in foreign lands even though they may not be sure why. They are honorable and great people who are doing a very tough job, on many levels. I love our country and I love July 4.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates