« Home | ESPN.com: Page 2 - Lance by a landslide » | We are coming up to one of my most favorite days o... » | BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Iranian woman 'gi... » | I cannot wait to see Spiderman 2. I am such a suc... » | MSNBC - The World�s Most Dangerous Terrorist: "�Ma... » | CNN.com - Kerry�declines to�cross picket line - Ju... » | News: "``Tomorrow I will travel to Turkey for the ... » | DimeMag.com: Feature: "'No one will guard me,' Hot... » | Walking through the forest I noticed something, a ... » | CNN.com - Toxic pollution rose in 2002, reversing ... » 

Monday, July 05, 2004 

The quote at the top? It goes something like this:

'A Gujarati didactic stanza likewise gripped my mind and heart. Its precept-- return good for evil-- became my guiding principle. It became such a passion with me that I began numerous experiments in it. Here are those (for me) wonderful lines:

For a bowl of water give a goodly meal;
For a kindly greeting bow thou down with zeal;
For a simple penny pay thou back with gold;
If thy life be rescued, life do not withhold.
Thus the words and actions of the wise regard;
Every little service tenfold they reward.
But the truly noble know all men as one,
And return with gladness good for evil done.'

Ghandhi- An Autobiography. The Story of my Experiments with Truth.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates