« Home | CNN.com - 9/11 panel stands by finding on al Qaeda... » | Spiderman: 3 stars. » | The quote at the top? It goes something like this... » | ESPN.com: Page 2 - Lance by a landslide » | We are coming up to one of my most favorite days o... » | BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Iranian woman 'gi... » | I cannot wait to see Spiderman 2. I am such a suc... » | MSNBC - The World�s Most Dangerous Terrorist: "�Ma... » | CNN.com - Kerry�declines to�cross picket line - Ju... » | News: "``Tomorrow I will travel to Turkey for the ... » 

Tuesday, July 06, 2004 

Good evening. Just got back from a good bike ride and some Baja Fresh. If you ain't checked this place yet you missing out.

Just was thinking- isn't our world and us folks amazing sometimes? It gets lost sometimes in the debate about off-shoring and globalization, but isn't amazing what us humans have accomplished here? Amazes me. Just think if you were to go back just one hundred years and tell somebody that in the not too distant future you will be able to contact almost anyone in the world at any time (thank you Bell Labs).

I was thinking about this cause I got a call from Korea today after work about a customer that I really don't know too much about, but described as 'strategic'. Thinking about how not all that long ago he probably would have had a hard time getting a hold of me. Just a couple of generations ago it could have taken months. How much has changed in just my short life and how much has changed in these past couple of generations.... just unreal.

Anyway, just my idle thoughts as I drift off for the evening. Good night.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates