« Home | Taken on the whole, I would believe that Gandhi's ... » | Prior and fellow right-handed pitcher Kerry Wood w... » | Op-Ed Columnist - Palin’s Kind of Patriotism - NYT... » | Not "The Senator," But "That One" - Yahoo! News » | James G. Rickards - A Mountain, Overlooked - washi... » | It struck me just now: what are the naughties (00s... » | TPMCafe | Talking Points Memo | The Unmentionable ... » | Op-Ed Columnist - Roger Cohen - Palin’s American E... » | The Big Picture | The Underlying Basis of Finance ... » | Politicians Point Fingers, Assign Blame - NYTimes.com » 

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 

I think this is an important short term point and action to take while this sort of analysis and discussion (and eventual action to change this) is equally important.   

I wrote Mr. Brooks to let him know how much I admire him for continuing this discussion even though I don't always agree with him.  I think in the medium term we have to do not only some of the things that Taleb suggests (changing how risk is quantified) but also explore changing our capitalist system to not simply reward 3 month gains/losses and also force them to take in the long term strategic view.  

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates