« Home | Oil is fossilized trees. An uncontained forest fi... » | RealClimate � Michael Crichton�s State of Confusio... » | The Death of Horatio Alger: "Never mind, say the a... » | 10-15% of Metafilter users are so-called "legacy c... » | The New York Times > Opinion > Editorial: The Soci... » | DMX LYRICS - A 'Yo Kato: "Started of two dawgs wit... » | CNN.com - Expert: I tried to warn of tsunami - Jan... » | MSNBC - Settlers warn of army mutiny over Gaza pul... » | Bloodletters - Hack Yourself: "You can do somethin... » | MSNBC -: "�No man is an island, Entire of itself. ... » 

Tuesday, January 04, 2005 

MSNBC - Stocks struggle amid dollar rally, merger: "The dollar, having tumbled to record lows last month, showed signs of resilience, moving slightly higher against the euro and the Japanese yen. While the dollar is still at historic lows, benefiting exporters, signs of strength will help importers of raw materials as well."

I agree with you. I hope that we are not now on a different policy as opposed to 'strong dollar policy.'

Selfishly I am also concerned in the short term cause of a trip to New Zealand next month. I am such a prick.

The economics surrounding our economy right now worry me however. For instance, why is there such a concern about social security right now? I believe it is because our government is not interested in paying back the loans that it has taken from this, by most accounts, very successful program. This does not make me to confident. I would prefer to see, 'We want to help people with healthcare'(=we have financial stability and surplus) as opposed to, 'We want to stop providing social security in a defined way.' (=we are financially fucked)

Post a Comment

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates