« Home | RealClimate � Michael Crichton�s State of Confusio... » | The Death of Horatio Alger: "Never mind, say the a... » | 10-15% of Metafilter users are so-called "legacy c... » | The New York Times > Opinion > Editorial: The Soci... » | DMX LYRICS - A 'Yo Kato: "Started of two dawgs wit... » | CNN.com - Expert: I tried to warn of tsunami - Jan... » | MSNBC - Settlers warn of army mutiny over Gaza pul... » | Bloodletters - Hack Yourself: "You can do somethin... » | MSNBC -: "�No man is an island, Entire of itself. ... » | CNN.com - Tsunami�risks future of Maldives islands... » 

Monday, January 03, 2005 

Oil is fossilized trees. An uncontained forest fire is brush and trees burning uncontrollably. Mr. Crichton, we have forest fires burning in all our major cities every day of the year. LA, you are worse than most.

So I must ask about this State of Fear nonsense, are you fucking stupid? I have read Travels and I know that you believe and do some funky shit. I like that you are open to many different experiences and educating yourself about different things, but c’mon man, don’t be a hack like me.

Do you not think that these uncontrolled fires burning now, as I write and as you wrote, do anything? That our world is doing fine and don’t worry about it? With all that money, I would like you to buy a clue my friend or use a lifeline and figure it out.

If you and the current companies running our country can cut down our forests so that we may avoid catastrophic fires can you also do a little work to avoid those in our backyard? Those quiet (except for you Oaktown, WOOWOO), but taken together, completely uncontrolled fires? Because while in reality we don’t know what the fuck they are doing 1. they ain’t good and 2. I don’t like being parts of experiments (ok, maybe once in college).

Hug a tree my brother. And, as my good uncle might say, listen to your heart. Oh wait, no, my good uncle would insult me and laugh at me (all in good fun!) for taking this tact. Forget that last part.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates