« Home | 'I'm not a biter, I'mma writer for myself and othe... » | When repayment? Hopefully soon we might start to ... » | "One day I was driving from my house to the stadiu... » | My man, Jon. STEWART: And come work for us,... » | The indicator species. » | Hello Angel, hello wwworld. Coming to you straig... » | http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6237349/ We shulda li... » | It Will All Be Over Soon BushCo? Kerry? SUV glutto... » | http://metafilter.com/mefi/36022 Interesting topi... » | SI.com - Magazine - Tom Verducci: Severing Bonds -... » 

Tuesday, October 26, 2004 

interesting article and thesis and a good point. I can see men notreally wanting to admit that they have advantage. It is human nature.Everyone feels persecuted to some degree so how can this feeling thatpops up be an advantage? It is a lost thought we all have.

What I might suggest to the writer and in fact I would if email or some other correspondence was available, would be to focus on the mostdivisive kernal of her paper and that would be power. In the bigscheme of things you and I have no more power than each other at all, though I might have the advantage day to day. Let us not fight for scraps.

Power comes from wealth and influence and positions. More and more weare seeing these sorts of opportunities not available to you or I or ablack woman or a mexican baby. The real struggle for Peggy McIntoshand you and me, is to bridge the poverty gap that widens every year. The rich and the powerful and the influencers want more papers likethis, just as they welcomed strife between Mexicans and blacks in the past. Don't give it to them, is what I would tell Peggy. Let us form our strong, powerful team first, all of us disaffected in some way, and then tune that up after we have established a truly fair systemwhere people can be measured according to their innate worth. God bless and good night. ;)love, me

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates