« Home | http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6289722/ Is it too lit... » | interesting article and thesis and a good point. I... » | 'I'm not a biter, I'mma writer for myself and othe... » | When repayment? Hopefully soon we might start to ... » | "One day I was driving from my house to the stadiu... » | My man, Jon. STEWART: And come work for us,... » | The indicator species. » | Hello Angel, hello wwworld. Coming to you straig... » | http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6237349/ We shulda li... » | It Will All Be Over Soon BushCo? Kerry? SUV glutto... » 

Wednesday, October 27, 2004 

Eschaton: "Leadership is something that has fascinated Bogle, 75, all his life. In speeches on the subject, Bogle approvingly quotes Goethe: 'Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now.'

But 'there's a fine line between boldness and recklessness,' cautions Bogle, a Republican who intends to vote for John Kerry. Boldness must be tempered by foresight and deliberation, Bogle says.

'We can't have a country run by philosophers,' says Bogle, who chairs the board of the National Constitution Center. 'But a good leader is thoughtful. He seeks the counsel of others and is capable of introspection. Before making a decision, he walks around it and tries to see it from all sides.'"

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates