« Home | Olbermann on Prop 8.  Perfect. » | Tears to Remember - Judith Warner Blog - NYTimes.com » | Thank you BushCo.  You united the country and move... » | Ah, you are coming into a better world.  I am sitt... » | "McCain and Sarah Palin's attack against Obama for... » | I think this is an important short term point and ... » | Taken on the whole, I would believe that Gandhi's ... » | Prior and fellow right-handed pitcher Kerry Wood w... » | Op-Ed Columnist - Palin’s Kind of Patriotism - NYT... » | Not "The Senator," But "That One" - Yahoo! News » 

Thursday, November 13, 2008 

I watched this last night and I really respect this guy. He seems very smart, knows what he is talking about and is incredibly professional, but respectfully I would offer that gentlemen like him are missing the point. They of course have a reason to miss the point (their livelihood and $$) but the point to me is this: we need to get back to basics like perhaps the gold standard and a much more moderated type of capitalism. It is as ridiculous to me now as it was a week, a month, years ago that we try to apply the laws of supply and demand and the free market to, for instance, healthcare. We of course have done this in so many facets of our life and society and it is ridiculous and needs to be changed. We need some sort of infrastructure or system that still promotes innovation and the good old American drive, but we also need a system that recognizes when something becomes (or in the case of healthcare: always has been) a commodity.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates