« Home | The Day the Laughter Died | Artie Lange | Daily Bl... » | States sue EPA over global warming - Climate Chang... » | ESPN - Woods: Shutter snap at No. 9 halted momentu... » | Nathan » | Question of the day: when did health club folks tu... » | Bill Maher: The 100 Years War - Politics on The Hu... » | Mr. Obama’s Profile in Courage - New York Times » | SF Gate: Multimedia (image) » | msnbc.com video: Obama delivers major speech on race » | Bush, Praising Fed’s Intervention, Faces Criticism... » 

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 

HBO: Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel - Stories - The Love of the Game

HBO: Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel - Stories - The Love of the Game

I knew I liked this guy for reasons beyond the cut of his gib.

Seriously it is cool to think that one day we might have a president who, like me, sorts his problems out and gets his head clear by shooting the basketball and playing some pickup basketball. Portends good things for us all methinks because let's be honest: our next president needs to be someone who can build relationships when there might be none now or, even worse, a hateful relationship well established. Someone who has played pickup basketball knows all about this sort of thing. It starts when you walk onto the courts and never ends throughout the whole game and even after. Go Barack.

I guess my own question is if I have learned more about myself and other people by playing basketball or golf? So far I would probably say basketball. Story there is though: golf will be there in my life long after I can't run the court so it probably will win out in the long run.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates