« Home | Independent Online Edition > Environment: "Sea ice... » | Big Oil faces Congress on profits, mergers - Yahoo... » | ? M1 f/ K'naan, Stori James - 'Til We Get There Ly... » | An instant classic. On the ocho :)'Finally, my mo... » | Yes why would they do this?Here is a crazy spit-ba... » | Ghostly coral bleachings haunt the world's reefs -... » | BBC NEWS Science/Nature Sharp rise in CO2 levels... » | Discovery Channel :: News :: Study: Bering Sea Hea... » | As a quick follow up to my point Mr. Guy. » | Sopranos returns with a bang - TV DRAMA - MSNBC.co... » 

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 

I Am Done With Violence / Enough scenes of horrid brutality, bloodied faces, tire irons to the knee. Can you purge?: "I am, I realize, a broken American. Defective. Problematic. I know that ultraviolence is the American way. It makes us feel righteous and strong. Violence is how we stay, ahem, 'free.' Without violence, says everyone from the NRA to the U.S. military to the president, we would be overrun by, well, violence. It is in our blood and in our cells and deep in our gun-sucking culture and America without its violence is like a South Dakota Republican without his misogyny. I know. "

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates