« Home | The Avalon Project : Military-Industrial Complex S... » | The Avalon Project : Military-Industrial Complex S... » | State of Illusion - Newsweek Columnists - MSNBC.co... » | Blair warns of unsustainable warming trend - Envir... » | CNN.com - Transcripts: "And I think that's terribl... » | Palace Revolt - Newsweek Politics - MSNBC.com: "Co... » | Exxon Sees Record Profits for Any U.S. Co. - Yahoo... » | Warming debate shifts to tipping point - washingto... » | I find the whole under-valued yuan and how well, t... » | Climate Expert Says NASA Tried to Silence Him - Ne... » 

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 

I am such a creature of habit. It is unbelievable to me how closely I follow the same pattern each day. 7:00AM Wake up. Shower. 8:00AM Go to work. 8:30AM Get breakfast and coffee. 10:00AM Go to the bathroom and have the first cup of water that day. It goes on and on. 5:00-5:30PM Go home and possibly go play some basketball, hang out with friends or just watch TV with Angel and the kitties. 10:00-10:30PM go to bed. Rinse, repeat.

What kind of life have we carved out for ourselves? Why is it only on the weekend that we are allowed to change up our schedule and live our lives? Is that when we are allowed to enjoy that freedom that we hear so much about?

Could we get another day of the weekend then maybe? I really don't want to spend just 2/7ths of my life enjoying freedom and a schedule that I might enjoy. 28% of my life being mine? Not the ideal. But then again, shit, who am I to complain right? It could be so much worse and so much more difficult, but it does strike me so often that this doesn't seem fucking fair at all. I did not sign up for this.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates