« Home | Michael Yon : Online Magazine: Jungle Law Probabl... » | Sifry's Alerts: State of the Blogosphere August 20... » | Violent Collision Hurts Two Mets Outfielders - New... » | Idaho confirms rare Creutzfeldt-Jakob case - More ... » | New Scientist News - Climate warning as Siberia me... » | The Webshite :: George Bush's Spin Doctor Speaks » | 'Vanity Fair' Rips Media 'Conspiracy' in Covering ... » | Talking Points Memo: by Joshua Micah Marshall: Aug... » | SI.com - Writers - Don Banks: Like it or not, T.O.... » | AOL News - Mother of Slain GI Maintains Vigil Near... » 

Friday, August 12, 2005 

Hello Mr. Yon,
Great recent piece on your experiences in Mosul – you are an amazingly gifted writer. I also respect and admire how many risks you and our amazingly brave soldiers are taking over there. My admiration is boundless. I almost peed myself a couple nights ago just having a detailed dream of being over there in Iraq. Please let all the soldiers there know that I personally care very much, for whatever that is worth.

In your post you write, ‘we are winning.’ I, without any bullshit or irony, do wonder what you feel that we are winning there in Iraq. I know that winning and losing can be such arbitrary things in this game of life, for it isn’t basketball, but would appreciate your personal opinion on this. I thought the proud smile from an old insurgents mother might, to my own thinking here in safe America, belie us winning, but would appreciate your thoughts.

Keep up the good work. Gods speed.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates