« Home | Europe's big cities feel the heat of climate chang... » | THE BELGRAVIA DISPATCH: Another Ineffective Counte... » | The Huffington Post | The Blog: "'It is dire. I me... » | DoD News: Rumsfeld Announces America Supports You ... » | The Twilight Era of Petroleum: "The jitters over C... » | Time for a major Vijay-Tiger duel - Golf - MSNBC.c... » | The Rude Pundit: "Public relations-wise, this is a... » | Attytood: The death of a contender: "He was just t... » | The Big Picture: Real Estate Begins to Cool » | TheDenverChannel.com - Automotive - Van Bought Fro... » 

Thursday, August 11, 2005 

AOL News - Mother of Slain GI Maintains Vigil Near Bush Ranch: "'I felt compelled to come and tell her I support her,' said Delaney, a self-described hippie from Sly Park, Calif. 'The way they were bad-mouthing a mother whose son was killed in the war is un-American.'"

I am not sure if it was because of all this news or if it was a symbol of something else, but I had very vivid dreams that I was in Iraq last night. I suppose a great majority of my dreams and what I imagine it being like there now are those videos and things that I saw on the Frontline special about the war.

One part of my dream though was very weird. We drove up to a very large hotel where insurgents or possibly simply Iraqi's had hung hand made signs from the roof. Before I knew it I was sitting down with my company for dinner just one or two stories below the top of the hotel out on a veranda. I would try and hide underneath the table when I thought perhaps an insurgent/Iraqi was looking down on us. The company stood firm. Finally I started to show a little more guts (taking my cues from the company) and heard the insurgents/Iraqis say to us that they were going to blow up a nuke of some sort tomorrow (I remember feeling like they were talking about a 'dirty' bomb).

Anyway, this is a long way of saying, I am a pussy even in my dreams. I truly respect what the soldiers are having to do over there and hope that we do right by them and their families. I pray for the very best resolution to this currently ongoing mess.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates