« Home | Talking Points Memo: by Joshua Micah Marshall: Jul... » | Why Do You Work So Hard? / Is it maybe time to qui... » | Why Do You Work So Hard? / Is it maybe time to qui... » | Talking Points Memo: by Joshua Micah Marshall: Jul... » | A Letter To The Terrorists, From London :: The Lon... » | Victimized by horror - Hardball with Chris Matthew... » | -THE CUNNING REALIST-: Yes, Words Matter....: "Thi... » | Pressing Freedom | MetaFilter: "If reporters are a... » | My heart goes out to all those affected by these t... » | AlterNet: Who's Watching the Watch List?: "To the ... » 

Friday, July 08, 2005 

In my crazy mind this is the first sort of line of thinking that came to me after worrying for those that passed and haved loved ones that were affected.

The players in this are not known at this time it seems. There are different people and groups who could have done this cowardly act in London. What ran through my mind though was WTC7 and the PDB that screamed, 'do something!'

Then I am like, dammit... people are suffering and now is not the time to be the detective from 5000 miles away.

But thoughts kept drifting back to the weirdness around WTC7 and the push to never investigate the WTC attacks in general and the numbers of civilian dead in Iraq and Afghanistan and the huge amount of money made by some. How am I different from those in the London subway? How are they different from the poor civilians killed in Iraq? Especially when you consider the billions or trillions at stake.

What I am saying is that I am confused. I never would have wanted our government to go into Iraq such as they did, never would have wanted the situation to unfold such as it did on 911 and after (the blocking of the investigation mainly). Did something that I would feel terrible about and would make me sick happen yesterday in London in the face of such dim poll numbers and the loss of all that potential cash?

Please let it not be so.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates