« Home | MSNBC - Tight vote on arctic refuge oil drilling e... » | MercuryNews.com | 03/05/2005 | In the wake of the ... » | MSNBC - Snow blasts New Mexico, heads to panhandle... » | Taipei Times - archives McCain demands accountabi... » | Toothpaste | MetaFilter: "Whatever else Chomsky is... » | MSNBC - Bottom Dollar: "But beyond all the upbeat ... » | Hello Mr. Scarborough,Part of me says to stop read... » | MSNBC - Abu Ghraib's ex-chief: Kids held at prison... » | MSNBC - Congressional steroid hearings are a farce... » | Ex-Marine Says Public Version of Saddam Capture Fi... » 

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 

The letter writer strikes again:

Hello,
I want to write in about President Bush’s budget. I am not happy with the priorities and morals that it represents. My girlfriend is a teacher and I write to tell you, they could use more money. Our schools and children could use more money. Firefighters, policemen and other first line responders could use more money. The Pentagon and our war machine, in my opinion, do not need more money.

I might also hope that more money and effort was put towards our once beautiful environment. This investment could come in many forms, I do not especially prefer one over another in this area- I just wish it was done in some way.

I truly love our soldiers – they are some of our best, most courageous fellow human beings – and I wish not that they lack a thing. I would prefer instead that they have all they need, our environment is near the front of our priorities along with our schools and first line responders and some multi-national corporations and other rich entities that benefit from a large Pentagon budget or lax tax policies feel a year-long or decade-long pinch.

President Bush’s budget does not reflect my values.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates