« Home | MSNBC - Abu Ghraib's ex-chief: Kids held at prison... » | MSNBC - Congressional steroid hearings are a farce... » | Ex-Marine Says Public Version of Saddam Capture Fi... » | THE NUMBING: "Under that agreement, stress is how ... » | Salon.com Books | "Me" culture: "It would be very ... » | Hello Mr. Scarborough,Part of me says to stop read... » | Hello Mr. Scarborough,Part of me says to stop read... » | Hello Mr. Scarborough,Part of me says to stop read... » | Los Angeles Times: Sex, Lies and Spies: This Isn't... » | MSNBC - Icy blast interrupts Northeast's spring fl... » 

Thursday, March 10, 2005 

Hello Mr. Scarborough,
Part of me says to stop reading you and especially don't put in anytime to try and change such a partisan mind, and the other part of me is writing this to you now.

It seems you are very caught up in liberal versus conservative, black versus white and you display it to me each time I read your material. In many ways sir, I feel very sorry for you that you cannot fully appreciate all your human brothers as equals and have to beat down on some like strawmen.

Everyone is worth while in their own right, is what I might say to you given the chance. I would remind you that this world that we float along on isn't ours. We are having a good run of it right now, but the winds feel like they are shifting a bit don't they? What with AIDS and some of our over-consumption, environmentally destructive ways catching up with us?

I would encourage you to use your public voice for a message of unity and finding the commonness between us. We share 99+% of our DNA afterall, we are all so similar. We truly have some impending, scary common problems that we could all focus on and direct our energy and words towards. It must get boring fighting strawmen and umongst ourselves, doesn't it?

Help us all move on.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates