« Home | TIME - Tony Karon - : Why Europe Ignores Bush: "Ne... » | MSNBC - Reserve concerns send U.S. dollar sliding:... » | But perhaps at its base, Guckert/Gannon’s litigiou... » | It may be an old thing by now. It may even not be... » | ABC News: Calif. Storms Spur Tornadoes; Six Dead: ... » | MSNBC - Prose laureate of the Age of Paranoia: "In... » | I'm out. NZ baby. Maybe will get a chance to wri... » | CNN.com - Kay, Carter urge caution on Iran - Feb 9... » | MSNBC - Wal-Mart to close store over union threat:... » | Talking Points Memo: by Joshua Micah Marshall: Feb... » 

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 

You are my brother; we have so much in common.

You come to me with a bowl of rice and in return I come back to you with a leg of lamb, a drink and some corn.

You come to me with a drink of water. I give you a glass of wine and a piece of bread.

You come to me to help with my hut and improve the roof. I dig a water well for you.

Then, we had a problem. You said something about the water well.

I took that poorly and did not visit.

You started talking bad about me to family and friends.

I took a lamb from you.

You stole rice from my fields.

One of us died from mysterious circumstances. The other died at the hand of a son. Cousins now foment.

It could have been different could it not? I could have done something different… instead of just not visiting. I could have turned around within myself or together. You could have done something different- we are brothers. Sadly, we both lie now.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates