« Home | ABC News: Calif. Storms Spur Tornadoes; Six Dead: ... » | MSNBC - Prose laureate of the Age of Paranoia: "In... » | I'm out. NZ baby. Maybe will get a chance to wri... » | CNN.com - Kay, Carter urge caution on Iran - Feb 9... » | MSNBC - Wal-Mart to close store over union threat:... » | Talking Points Memo: by Joshua Micah Marshall: Feb... » | MediaCitizen: Gannon Quits After Blogger Inquiry: ... » | Talking Points Memo: by Joshua Micah Marshall: Feb... » | MSNBC - U.K. reality TV to test 'Guantanamo' techn... » | The New Yorker Outsourcing torture. » 

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 

It may be an old thing by now. It may even not be worth talking or writing about by now, but you realize some interesting things when you away from your home country. This time, I really realized how sad and alone and unhappy our people are. Are you one of these?

From Auckland to Sydney I did not meet one sad, alone, unhappy person- as they displayed it to me. Not one. Sure there are people that could be nicer or could present themselves better or have their own personality problems, but overall everyone leaves you with the impression that things are going to be all right and no worries mate.

Man, not here. Not from the first elevator ride. I won’t go into the whole situation- in retrospect to spend any more time on it is ridiculous, but suffice it to say I have not often been more unimpressed with the USA and with us and our happiness than I was just yesterday. I feel sorry that the situation is this way and I hope that things can start to change towards a true pursuit of life, liberty and most of all, happiness.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates