« Home | "I read all this and look up at the pictures on my... » | AlterNet: Battlefield Earth: "That's one challenge... » | CNN.com - Band of snow stretches across U.S. - Dec... » | LL Cool J - Hush Lyrics: "Its all a test; the pain... » | CBC News: New Iraqi prisoner abuse allegations sur... » | MSNBC - E-mail shows FBI concerned about Guantanam... » | MSNBC -: "3. The American media has a liberal bias... » | CNN.com - White House: FDA doing 'spectacular job'... » | The New York Times > Opinion > Op-Ed Columnist: Wa... » | Surfline | Eddie Aikau (May 4, 1946-March 17, 1978... » 

Thursday, December 23, 2004 

Merry holidays to you all or happy Christmas or, whatever.

Nice time of year this time of year thought it ain’t like it used to be when we were kids. It is all a test, indeed. The biggest test these days for me is keeping myself excited and happy and positive. I feel so excited for my own future, but I get so wrapped up in how we are doing, how things are generally going that it is tough. Just like Bill Moyers and maybe even LL.

I want to be engaged with you all and feel like we are all together on this ride, this successful ride. But sometimes I just feel like TMac out there the other night, having to pull it out at the end by myself, in spite of the team. Sometimes I fail or sometimes I succeed, but it always feels so alone. Can’t we all just get along?

So many things in the way though huh Rodney? Like the Palestinians versus Israels, like Pistons versus Pacers, like Kobe versus Shaq. Weird vibe that- the ego thing always having its way. Even my own family playing it out- my ego and my views are more important than yours. Our people are better than your people, our team is better than your team, my wallet is bigger than your wallet. It is happening even now with Mr. George Bush and the re-nomination of his fringe conservative judges, for just one small example. Some people may not agree, don’t force things down peoples throats… come on. Be understanding, put yourself in other shoes.

It gets me so down and so depressed about us. Like a coke addict who can’t get enough, we binge on this shit until we are ultimately unsuccessful.

And I guess that is what it comes down to for me, success. I plan on it for myself and want it for all of us. We deserve it.

Have a great fucking holiday people, much love. Go Dwayne.

Gindy, apologies, I definetely did not mean to cast the Israeli conflict as an ego thing. I know it came across as such, but the point is, as ever, I am an idiot.

The heart of the matter that I was getting at was that right now it seems many are focused on differences (e.g. even here in America the evangelicals vs. heathens ;). It seems we need a natural disaster, like those terrible things that have happened in Southeast Asia, to bring us together. I guess to my thinking, we are at that point, now, even though most seem not to realize it as such. The human race is threatened by a lot of different things, not the least of which the stunning extinction of species going on right now (it ain't just gonna stop at one part of the food chain). I hope that we can all come together.

Post a Comment

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates