« Home | CNN.com - Senator: Public�needs 'cold, hard facts'... » | Yahoo! News - Climate Talks Bring Bush's Policy to... » | MSNBC -: "That�s a lesson that should be remembere... » | PopMatters Music Feature | How Hip-Hop Music Is Sl... » | Yes, that was me out there winded and exhausted la... » | Talking Points Memo: by Joshua Micah Marshall: Nov... » | The New York Times > Washington > Red Cross Finds ... » | MSNBC - U.S. generals told of detainee abuse early » | MSNBC -: "�I don't think that exit polls can be us... » | Ms. Magazine | Fighting Words for a Secular Americ... » 

Monday, December 06, 2004 

Had a dream about Iraq last night that I just remembered- it is weird how they come back to you in waves isn’t it?

It was beautiful at first. It was a gorgeous building I was in that was larger than most any I have ever been in, besides a few churches in Russia I have visited. It was spectacular and I got the feeling that it was a very religious building I was in. I was in a large hallway, not unlike those they have in the Louver Museum (not sure if I spelled that right), but seemed to go on forever. Again, my feeling of respect and deference to this magical place was palatable. I woke up with it on my tongue.

I was all alone in this hallway, feeling so amazed and wondering where I was. I peeked in a door and it was then that I first realized I was in Iraq. I do not know why this feeling came over me. I observed many people in a large room practicing their religion and socializing in a way that all people do. It was such a peaceful feeling though I knew that I was observing something that those inside might otherwise prefer I did not. So I kept myself as hidden as I could, peeking through that door.

So there I was observing something I felt bad about intruding in, but in awe nonetheless. This incredible building and these amazing people were an overwhelming thing to see.

Very quickly though the situation changed and I was quickly very scared. I understood then that I was somewhere where I did not belong, not in the way that I was there, and that I needed to run and get away very quickly.

This is my long way of saying that my heart goes out to you folks who are stuck over there, possibly feeling as I might have though it was only in my mind’s eye last night. I can only imagine how it is there on the ground, in those beautiful buildings.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates