« Home | Page 3 - 10 Burning Questions: George Carlin: "The... » | TIME.com: The Last Don -- Mar. 29, 2004 » | Page 2 - The dream: 9 dogs, 9 beers, 9 innings: "N... » | CNN.com - Iraq war wasn't justified, U.N.�weapons ... » | King Leopold's Soliloquy - A Defense of His Congo ... » | Page 2 - Fat Boy, Reggie and Barry: "That's how I ... » | NathanNewman.org - News and Views: Did the Terrori... » | Soldier who refused to return to Iraq is called de... » | New American Strategies for Security and Peace � O... » | From the desk of a coworker of this blog. 'I am a... » 

Tuesday, March 30, 2004 

It has been some time since I wrote in it feels like- I think I had too much to say as you will probably see here.

Just watched Bush on TV announcing that Dr. Rice will testify, yada yada. Part that interested me the most was him running out of the press room afterwards so that no one could ask questions. For being Mr. Flight Suit boy he sure does look scared these days. It is funny, to me, sending our best and brightest into battle yet can't even take a few questions from the media- maybe funny is the wrong word... ironic in a pathetically sad way was more the phrase I was looking for. Geez for all the bark, where is the bite Mr. Resident?

On another subject, supposed to be in this wedding this summer for my friend Christ. Good guy, well meaning, but oddly enigmatic (am I sounding smart right now or what?). Anyway, we have the old bachelor party coming up and he is looking to do this thing in an exclusive resort type place with his soon to be inlaws there and everything (doesn't really sound like a bachlor party does it?). So I raised some objections to it, like lets go to south lake or something, but was eventually shot down. No problem, said I would come up for some golf and hang out a bit ($200 expected cost with gas and everything)... lot of money right? when you have the ol dragon lady on your ass. Guess this is not good enough for his gay (literally) best man and his soon to be wife. They have sent me these ruthless, exceedingly long emails the past couple of days. Unbeelievable. I almost want to just say I am out on the whole thing, but that would be pretty dick.

On the work front, it gets worse everyday. Pretty much everyone at the company right now is unhappy. I wonder, are all companies like this now? Most people around think they are going to be laid off soon as the company needs to keep making their numbers and I guess layoffs are the easiest way. Standard thing though, the re-occuring theme, short sighted gain, long term loss. So predictible... can almost set your career by it ;)

Peace out people, or person?

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates