« Home | ESPN.com - NBA - Tights squeezed: "Although NBA of... » | The Blog Dr. Peter Rost: The New Robber Barons T... » | My republican uncle, back again with a very insigh... » | onegoodmove: Earth to America Bill Maher » | It's pretty galling. But ultimately I believe in t... » | Curry commentary: Gutsy reporting - Today - MSNBC.... » | Six Things You Should Know About Sirius Satellite ... » | Sad to say that the Brits are generally the only o... » | Marilyn Manson Quotes - The Quotations Page: "We l... » | Bush, Cheney Go After the Democrats - Yahoo! News:... » 

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 

A note to the republican uncle after much back and forth. Sorry you also had to be involved in that mess pops:

Thanks for the note and the call - I was out playing some poker with friends last night wasting my money and my time. The weather here is really starting to get to me: it is starting to feel like 40 days and 40 nights. I shit you not.

'For a moment, let's pretend we all live in Seattle.' It isnt hard. Even on Sunday when it was really cloudy almost all day I went for it to try and get some running in out on the basketball court and sure enough about 2 minutes after arrival the skys opened up again.

So please do pardon me some of my recent wild-eyedness. I think it is going around a bit here cause we are sissys and aren't used to this bullshit weather.

In regards to the topic at hand I am glad that we do agree on the core problem for whatever reasons. Global warming is but one aspect that I worry about (due to its potential implications), but to your point there is great uncertainty surrounding this topic. The one topic that I think many could agree with me on and see the factual science behind if desired is the sad amount of extinctions going on. We could be much better stewards of this planet and, by extension, our human future.

I hope that others soon might start to see the light. It might be hard though what with all those profits that are currently being raked in at the expense of our environment.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates