« Home | Bush tours stricken states; says relief falls shor... » | Crosswalk.com - God ''Unhappy'' With Hurricane Res... » | Officials: Saudis gave warning of London attack - ... » | Bush warns looters, urges Americans conserve gas -... » | Daily Kos: Jack Cafferty on CNN » | Cries for help spread across New Orleans - Hurrica... » | Thank you for your post TCR. I couldn't agree more... » | BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | Apes 'extinct in a gen... » | Bush gives new reason for Iraq war - The Boston Gl... » | Waiting for a Leader - New York Times: "George W. ... » 

Friday, September 02, 2005 

ESPN.com: Page 2 : Reborn on the Bayou: "Like everyone else, I'm going to pray for these people, send money to the Red Cross, never stop hoping that things turn around. Selfishly, I'm going to keep thinking about the New Orleans that doesn't exist anymore, the city that challenged me in every respect, the city where the Patriots won their first Super Bowl. I loved that place."

In a cruel, interesting twist of life I never got to see New Orleans. A place I have been excited to visit all my adult life got pulled away from me at the last minute. I was at the airport at 6am with ticket in hand and hotel suite waiting at the Hilton when a freakish snow storm (it was mid April) descended on Denver and ended all hope of getting to New Orleans. So back to my house I went to try and patch things up with Angel.

This was 4 months ago. I hope to one day see that historic city still, though I do have my doubts just like the Sports Guy. Mother Nature has taken a few things into her own hands now...

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates