« Home | Awesome picture eh? Just did a little search on d... » | Aljazeera.Net - The US war with Iran has already b... » | Road to riches is called K Street - washingtonpost... » | Do you ever feel like you were born perhaps just a... » | Talking Points Memo: by Joshua Micah Marshall: Jun... » | WORLD VIEWS: 'Downing St. Memo' reporter says U.S.... » | ACLU sounds alarm over science limits - Science - ... » | Bush calls for gay-marriage amendment - U.S. News ... » | GOP reversal: Bolton vote battle to continue - Pol... » | Support for governor plunging, poll finds / Specia... » 

Wednesday, June 22, 2005 

I wanted to write to say sorry if I ever come into your house and turn off a light. I am sorry if I look at your running water cock-eyed. I am sorry if that open refrigerator somehow gets closed. It is a weird thing (maybe OCD) that I have picked up over the years.

I have found this lame excuse that makes me feel better about doing this though, cause I wasn’t always that way. There were days just a decade or so ago (god I feel old saying that) where you would find me with the air on, the door open, water running and some eventual litter in my hands.

Things slowly started changing for me. Oddly enough, I started to find my spirituality in nature. I started to realize that it was Mother Nature and this beautiful planet of ours that presented me with the most joy and most contentment. I never feel as alive as I do when I am standing in a quiet redwood forest or next to a rushing natural river.

It led me on this path of trying to do my very best by this beautiful blue bubble we are floating around on. I started to try and conserve where I can (using one towel in the bathroom or even sometimes, if its yellow letting it mellow) and do my part for our mother.

Now let me drop it back on you like this: I think she has helped me back. (Getting a little crazier than just some bullshit OCD now eh?) I think that like I have helped her she has maybe helped me too. Of course I have my ups and downs, but she has sent me this angel and this body, mind and spirit that I have not known before.

Maybe you can try it too… join me in my delusion ;) Peace peoples.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates