« Home | Gore urges mayors to act on global warming - Envir... » | Bye Bye Birdie | MetaFilter » | ABC News: China Orders Emergency Bird Flu Measures... » | ESPN.com: Page 2 : A walk on the wild side: "'It's... » | Soldier Rap, The Pulse of War - Newsweek World New... » | -THE CUNNING REALIST-: "The Pentagon on Friday rel... » | The New Yorker: Fact: "Let me say this, he said at... » | American Civil Liberties Union : Federal Court Ord... » | Rumsfeld: China a Major Buyer of Weapons - Yahoo! ... » | ESPN.com: Page 2 : Who is the real Shaquille?: "Th... » 

Monday, June 06, 2005 

Air America Radio | The Al Franken Show |: "V/O: With two months to go before the war began, Rumsfeld entrusted Garner with full responsibility for post-war politics and reconstruction. Much of the Future of Iraq project was set aside.
SMITH: What was the attitude towards in the Pentagon towards the work that had been done by the State Department?
GARNER: ... It wasn't well received.
SMITH: It wasn't well received?
GARNER: Yes, but not only in the Pentagon. It wasn't real well received in portions of the executive branch, either.
SMITH: But, you know, I've talked to a number of people in the State Department and they're bitter about the fact that their project was just ignored -- you know, they put a big effort into that project.
GARNER: They did put a big effort, and I think that it was a mistake that we didn't use that. I agree with that. It was my intent to use that, but we didn't.
SMITH: Why didn't we use the Future of Iraq [Project]?
GARNER: I don't know. I don't know the answer to that. I was just told, and now it's just a decision they made that we're not going to do that.
SMITH: Who told you that?
GARNER: I got that from the secretary, and I don't think that was his decision.
SMITH: Secretary Rumsfeld?
GARNER: Mm hmm."

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates