« Home | The Final Insult - New York Times: "Suppose, final... » | How much longer can Giambi wing it in majors?: "Th... » | Bolton ripped by Republican, but nomination still ... » | The Huffington Post | The Blog: "NEVER have exit p... » | America: This Congress Stinks - - MSNBC.com: "So w... » | 'Thou shalt keep your religion to yourself.' Good ... » | Talking Points Memo: by Joshua Micah Marshall: May... » | Legs willing, going to be up there twice this summer. » | White House, Capitol briefly evacuated - Terrorism... » | BBC NEWS | In pictures: How the world is changing » 

Thursday, May 12, 2005 

I had a great time with my big brother last night. He is quite a guy. Sometimes we don’t see eye to eye about everything (of course), but our discussions are good. He has a good view of the world and always seems to give me some good suggestions on ways to think about things and handle things.

He is working very hard on himself too. Our parents really did a number on all of us with what can only be described as emotional abuse. Don’t shed a tear for us; we ended up okay, but our brother and sister… not so much.

I have written about my sister before. She is really into Jesus and ‘No Swearing!’ Like shit and fuck and saying these words is sending you down there. I wonder, is it bad to think them too?

I don’t think I have written about my younger brother so much. He has not been much of a brother to me. He is not much of a man. Someday, I will go into it more.

But back to my buddy – I am so proud of him. It takes a big person and a big man to look at themselves and say, ‘Hey, I have some work to do… I am going to get to it.’ He is a great father to his kids and a great brother to this very imperfect man.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates