« Home | The Christian Complex: "But many Christians are jo... » | Freakonomics Blog -- Freakonomics: A Rogue Economi... » | Envy the Brits - - MSNBC.com: "'The social issues ... » | SUNS: Paul on the Playoffs: "Whether Steve is the ... » | SUNS: Paul on the Playoffs: "Contrary to popular b... » | Greenspan again warns about mortgage giants - Stoc... » | -THE CUNNING REALIST-: "Some people are so blinded... » | Stick a fork in Bonds - he's done - Results - MSNB... » | CNN.com - Paper: Army knew cause of Tillman's deat... » | Bloomberg.com: Top Worldwide###: "``I've been in t... » 

Thursday, May 05, 2005 

Happy Cinco De Mayo everyone! You know, I didn’t even know what that meant until like 3 years ago, but HOLIDAY! WHOOO!

I think I am going to take the angel on in some bball tonight if the rain ain’t coming down too bad. I’ll go easy on her, don’t worry – I just hope she goes easy on my after my last outing.

Usually when I go out to this court by my house it is pretty chill games, people not taking it too seriously. Actually, every time I have gone out there it has been like that until a couple of days ago. There was this Mexican dude out there with his son and his son’s friend and so we played three on three with these other two white kids.

For me, these days, I like to win of course, but really I feel like I am winning just by not having a heart attack on the court yet getting my blood pumping and breaking a sweat. And I really win when I walk away from the court without an injury. Sometimes of course a rolled ankle or whatever happens. Shit happens. But I will tell you I turn into a mean motherfucker if a dude is slapping at me or banging into me needlessly or generally just getting close to injuring me in whatever way. I don’t go out to the court for fucking football ya hear me? Call me a pussy or Tayshaun Prince, whatever.

This Mexican dude outweighed me by probably 50 pounds and was pulling that slapping shit and elbowing shit and everything and I warned him about my injury policy. Then he got into it even more and I chewed his ass out. Told him I appreciated he was trying to show off for his son, but we ain’t getting paid out here and I am just out for some fucking exercise. My manhood is not on the line. Chill the fuck out man. He whined about my verbal ribbing after the game though but then we moved on. Neither of us was doing shit on the day anyway.

He got the hint, but the unfortunate thing is that he got me out of my game – my lazy, fun, on again-off again shoot when you feel like game. Well, he did and the tequila beforehand did. Oh well, no worse for wear, and all ended all right. His 13 year old son was a baller PG and killed our team- monster playing against his retard friend.

Happy CDM playas.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates