« Home | CNN.com - False alarm sends Bush to underground sh... » | ESPN.com: Page 2 : More cowbell: Quick hits: "One ... » | The New York Times > Opinion > Op-Ed Columnist: Th... » | The New Yorker: Fact: "Its conclusions were unequi... » | Exploring Belize Great pictures here, too. » | The Spit Jar: Visions of Sin City East, Part V Gr... » | News: "Prisoners captured in Afghanistan and elsew... » | Who's afraid of Charles Barkley? - - MSNBC.com: "S... » | Spent a lot of time on the couch this weekend hung... » | One might see the post about Republicans using the... » 

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 

Had to take Gindy off the index on your right there. Not because I don't like the guy, because I do, but because he really seems stuck in a certain sort of mind of frame (stole this line from Biggie).

Environmental issues: don't believe it, hurts economy - needs more research.
Democrats who are out of 'mainstream': bad and ruining their party, they are such idiots.
Nathan posts about so many things that are close to his heart on his blog: hey, I like how you changed the layout.

It is like my situation with my uncle unfortunately: like the guy and would love to have more conversations with him, but he never alters his views or changes his viewpoint with the given situation. In the case of my uncle, I don't wonder, but with Gindy I almost wonder if he is some sort of robot out there. I can just imagine it, hahah!

Anyway, to give myself my own treatment I will offer what I feel are my differences in my own views since time passed:

1. I have become much more concerned about the environment. I feel this is the defining issue that faces my generation (and the selfish boomers) right now.
2. I have given up my dislike of Bush. In the beginning I really disliked the guy. Once 911 rolled around I thought he was doing a good job in his response (the scripted part with the megaphone was a good one). Now, these days, I feel a bit sorry for the likes of him and Arnold who seem be used as a puppet for this large corporate machine behind them. They have had to give up their integrity and dignity for an oftentimes thankless job - rough stuff. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
3. My views on terrorism have not changed much actually. I feel it is the tool of the downtrodden, oppressed and sometimes insane (from McVeigh to Bin Laden). I still wonder quite a bit about that Anthrax issue that went down.
4. Family. In the past year plus my view of family has changed drastically thanks to my angel. She and her family has shown me what it is truly all about.
5. Love. This has also changed a bit in my mind - that it is not so much about those awesome great nights together, but how you get through the tougher times that really matters in the love between two.
6. Our media. My view has taken on an edge to it. (here is where my recover post stopped, dammit!). More later.

Gindy, loved your response! We are getting somewhere.

This, 'Maybe it is you that is out of the mainstream.' I totally agree with. I am wayyyyyy out of the mainstream. I think in some ways some of my values and ways of thinking belong in the old west, but at the same time some of my thinking and thoughts about issues are from way above the earth and from 100 years in the future. Confused? So am I sometimes really. Actually, most of the time.

Thank you for your great comments. I need to get back to more posting on how I have changed my positions on things as evidence as presented itself. That is something that I truly value about myself and others. Not to say that you do not, but I am not sure I saw too much of that from your writings on your blog (though your comments to me do take different tones than your writings on your blog).

Please don't call me a Democrat ;)

Post a Comment

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates