« Home | MSNBC - Has the Government Come Clean?: "Jan. 5 - ... » | Bounder! | Metafilter: "It's not because Ken Black... » | MSNBC - Ashlee Simpson�s vocal malfunction: "But A... » | MSNBC -: "Sick Bed, New York� Nothing is in writin... » | MSNBC - U.S. reserves nearly 'broken,' says chief:... » | Susan Sontag On the Great Atlantic Divide: "Americ... » | Senators should object to Ohio vote January 4, 20... » | CNN.com - Storms cause havoc from Rockies to North... » | SI.com - Ute fans angry at police for electrical s... » | Ten Preliminary Reasons Why the Bush Vote Does Not... » 

Thursday, January 06, 2005 

MSNBC - Congress debates Ohio, then to certify Bush win: "WASHINGTON - A group of Democrats angry with Election Day problems in Ohio forced Congress on Thursday to interrupt its ceremonial counting of the electoral votes that gave President Bush his re-election victory."

Had the opportunity to watch the little circus in the Senate today. It is so gratifying to watch the LibDem Party slowly disintegrate right before your eyes.
On the Senate floor it was literaly Idiots On Parade.
It was beautiful!!!

Thanks for your comments. It is weird anyone even reads my drivel.

I did not get to see the broadcast today.

I will tell you my general thoughts about our country these days and my general thoughts about this issue. It is refreshing to see people doing something without $$ in their eyes no matter what label or demarcation we want to put on them (you like that word? I just learned it- I hope I used it right). We all know, even Hillary or whoever stood up to talk, that the Dems logically have nothing to gain from this. Why would they do it? I believe they did it for all voters (even republican voters who someday down the road may be faced with an issue like this), though I can understand how it comes across as sore grapes.

As we have discussed Gindy, I have no love for the democrats- I think they are a joke. I find the republicans just an arm of corporate capitalist America that I feel like, in some ways, has gone too far. I would like to see an evening out of some of our policies, a return to normalcy.

I would love to see everyone interact with each other as adult humans, not democrats, republicans, Europeans, Americans, evangelicals or whatever.

With my belief that we are all connected in ways that I don’t think we ever will fully understand, just as we are connected to the earth and our fellow species we all have a very important responsibility. I hope that we begin to live up to it.

How would they gain from this action? I am not clear on that. Boxer got slammed not only from Republicans and media outlets, but even her fellow Democrats in some cases (whether explicitly or implicitly).

It was a courageous move to me with nothing to gain except for the really little people in our country (the minorities in Ohio and elsewhere).

P.s. I do understand how it might be considered grand standing to some degree (though really they knew they were not going to get and definetely did not get the press that might come along with any moral grandstanding, exactly the opposite in fact), but with no real payoff at the end that I see. Correct me if I am wrong.

Post a Comment

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates