« Home | The Memory Hole > The Anti-war Speech That Earned ... » | ACIA Display » | MSNBC - Study: Arctic warming threatens people, wi... » | Rachel Carson: "Her earlier books include Under th... » | Americans Who Tell the Truth: "'This is what you s... » | MSNBC - No-show 'mystery candidate' wins election:... » | MSNBC - Zakaria: Writing Prose for a New Term: "Lo... » | I LIKE MONKEYS I like monkeys. The pet store wa... » | http://metafilter.com/mefi/36749 Perhaps true, pe... » | MSNBC - U.S. in new warming battle � over Arctic: ... » 

Monday, November 08, 2004 

I think this is an interesting exploration. Of course, it is true too. The most extreme of love is of course voiced as 'unconditional love' but in practice how is this played out in actions? In ___'s case were we to sit by while the man in her life seemingly treated her poorly? Would this have shown love of ____'s?
In my own case with ___, was I to allow things to happen and to be said between us for all time? Or was I showing him love by voicing my concern to him and our parents? It is when we get down to day to day action that 'unconditional love' falls short and, if truly implemented, would mean anarchy in any of our social structures. We all have personal demands, but it is up to people, through communication and honesty to augment their demands to the personal, familial, societal. It is all about compromise and understanding.
For my own part I feel like love underlies all my interactions, with ___ or ___ or a homeless man or you and mom, and will always be there and something that I could easily come back to. My god is like this too. He is not satisfied with me when I make certain decisions- if I make too many poor decisions I risk losing our connection. Some of the most important that s/he has made clear is how I treat my family and how I open my heart and mind to the world and our natural environment. That is just me. We all have different views, but it is important to realize that this love is a foundation to build on, but not an crutch to avoid disagreement or dissappointment or confusion. In any healthy relationship just as in any healthy natural system there will be times of ebb and flow, and extreme love.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates