« Home | MSNBC - Leaving on a Jet Plane: "The VVAF poll fou... » | Reuters | Latest Financial News / Full News Covera... » | Reuters | Latest Financial News / Full News Covera... » | Can You Forgive Them? - Ostracizing the people who... » | MSNBC - U.S. climate report heats up policy issue » | We�re Not in Lake Wobegon Anymore: How did the Par... » | DimeMag.com: "You had to be quick yesterday to cat... » | Response when asked, 'like what? his experience? J... » | Yahoo! News - THE REAL ISSUE: BUSH IS INCOMPETENT:... » | The New York Times > Week in Review > The War With... » 

Wednesday, September 01, 2004 

'Woke up quick, at about noon. Just thought I had to be in Compton soon.'

God, I love E. Miss ya buddy.

Was reading that article by my girl Q, pretty interesting and I respect her for bringing up the point, even if she is partisan. One part struck me about the article- it was when she was talking about why folks wouldn't want to fight for the 'country' right now. One reason was because those in power seem to be self serving and not fighting on behalf of the country.

I have to agree with her. I know from my own perspective that I would not want to fight in Iraq right now. The reasons are numerous, but the overriding one is that I feel no passion in my heart against the Iraqis. I don't think I could kill anyone over there not knowing who is the enemy really and not understanding the conflict fully. To my mind it really seems like a resource struggle. These are not wrong, but can be handled in such a better way. There is so much dirty, oily history in the region that it is hard to make out who is the enemy from here, in America. Can you imagine what it must be like from between the two rivers?

My point is that I respect those who are over there. I know that they are doing a tough job and may have doubts or may be absolutely sure about their mission, for it takes all types here in America, and are doing their work admirably. I wouldn't be able to participate in this struggle as it is- call me a objector or pussy or sissy or wise?- but I do plan to be there for other stuggles. I raise my hand with passion.

'Can I get an eye open up? Eazy locin' up smokin' up much dust like a nut what give it up for the real stuff.'

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates