« Home | The Blame Game | Metafilter » | t r u t h o u t - Robert Fisk | 19 Murderers Shoul... » | MSNBC - Is America safer? » | the Face of Tomorrow: the Human Face of Globalizat... » | The New York Times > Opinion > No Accountability o... » | Apocalypse Bush! / Why care for the planet when th... » | Environmental Working Group || BodyBurden » | MSNBC - Poisoning Patriotism » | MSNBC - Altercation: "Is God tired of wars and lie... » | Wanted to write a little shout out to my big cuz, ... » 

Monday, September 13, 2004 

In the top of the post we read about Bush, Clinton, FBI, God etc etc. Interestingly somebody forgets corporations and their political and monetary interests ; expecially their culture which places money and economic interest above everything including human life. I think economic interests (not only but also U.S. based ones) and their impersonifications definitely played a role in 9/11, most probably an indirect one. We shouldn't only look at the chain of causes that lead one person to "pull the trigger" but also to the chain of conditions that helped form the causes of the decision to pull the trigger.

Good point. Wish more people started talking about this, or started to truly explore us and our system. Listening, deliberate introspection and reasoned, wise response seem to be the solution to all of our challenges. Too bad that we too often just get the 'response' part...

My one loyal reader (me) noticed something today... I haven't written in with a bitchy email about work in some time. Went back reviewing some old posts just now and got to thinking about how much better I feel and, maybe?, come across since the departure from the big machine. It is a great feeling, to really feel like your hunch was right and true and working out as you said that it might. But all could change couldn't it? Life is such a funny thing.

Pursuing a couple of options these days for Nathan moving forward. The first, refering to myself only in the third person. Nathan thinks it gives him street cred. Other options include a software company and a renovation/construction company. Ideally, would like to do both and try to stack some paper but not sure if that is realistic. The thing is, the software company and Nathan deal with knowns and we know where each other stand- Nathan can't say the same thing about the construction company. It is a long story, but suffice it to say the situation is surrounded with not a lot of detail (e.g. how much am I going to make if I do come work for you on Friday??). Nathan is a detail man. Let us talk day to day.

Funny thing about being out of work though, as I am sure you know. It ain't the place to be, even if you are comfortable. Let me tell you what I mean and I think it boils down to the misery loves company thing. Put shortly, people in general cannot or will not allow themselves to be happy for me. Speaking for myself I know how this feels. Of course I was jealous when I would have to go to work one day and my friend in Berkeley got to chill or do whatever, but I don't think I wished ill on him or took it as a bad thing for him or me, just a bit jealous was all. I think some of my friends and people I know are like this as well- I think angel is. Some others are not and I wonder about that. There are larger questions involved here for me too. Questions like, 'Why would someone not want another to be happy or to smile?' Really... why? Why are people so taken back when I truly just offer them a smile and say 'Hello, how is your day going?' Goodness and happiness is out there for us all.

Good night this fair night in Cali. Nathan offers much love.

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates